Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick-or-Treat




I was really looking forward to taking Haddie Trick-or-treating. She was to be the cutest Cookie Monster in Colorado. However things went a little differently then I expected them to go.
Everything was going great. We went to church and then went to eat at a friends with their family. Haddie had a blast playing with her friend Eli. When then brought the girls home to take a nap so they could be ready to go trick-or-treat once they awoke. We had plans to take the girls to a friends to show them off all dress up, then we where going to trick-or-treat with one of Haddie's friends Isaiah. BUT Haddie awoke early from her nap,
Paul went in to find that she had been sick. Paul got her up and she got sick again. YUCK!
Into the bath tube to she went. But I was persistent, we were going to go out for Halloween. I had been looking forward to this for weeks now. Babies get sick all the time, but then are just fine afterwards. This will pass and we will have fun tonight. NOPE, to my dismay, she ended up getting sick every 20 min. After watching "How to train a dragon" and having to pause every 20 min for my little one to be sick. I knew there would be no Halloween at this house tonight.
Oh well, I thought, we can just hand out the awesome full size candy bars we got for the trick-or-treaters that would stop by our house. Again, I was disappointed. We had only 4 trick-or-treaters!! now we are stuck with 26 FULL SIZE candy bars!
Even though we didn't get to dress up the girls last night. I dressed them up today to take pictures. We also pretended she went Trick-or-treating just for picture sake.
The Good news is that at about 8:30 last night my bouncy, talkative little girl was just about back to her normal self after being a little lethargic snuggle bug for several hours. So we fed her a few crackers, gave her some pedialight and kept her up a little longer, before sending her to bed. We awoke this morning a little more chipper then last night and with no accidents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment