Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow



I finally have time to blog...
Phew, it has been a long week. But exciting non the less.
We are back at home and trying to get back into the swing of things.
Last week was an entertaining week. We got stuck in Oklahoma, no complaints from me, but a few from Paul. We were suppose to return to Colorado on Tuesday, but a blizzard in Oklahoma snowed us in. Yes, a blizzard in Oklahoma, you read that right. It dumped 8 inches and up to 20 inches in some other places. But the worst part was the snow drifts which got up to 5 ft in some
areas. Oklahoma was basically closed down for a few days. Even Walmart closed.
Needless to say, our flight was canceled. So we re-scheduled for Wednesday, and that too was canceled. We finally got a flight out for Thursday night. The one problem then was the roads. They were terrible to drive on especially with the rented car that only had rear wheel drive. We barely made it over to Paul's parents from my parents house, much less make it safely to Tulsa's airport 45 min away.
Luckly, a friend of my family, offered to drive us to the airport, who had four wheel drive. But it still proved to be a long journey, taking us 2 hours. We differently would not have made it without four wheel drive.
We flew out with only a few minutes of a delay, and made it into Denver. It fairly late because of time change and we still had a 2 hour drive home, arriving to Canon city around 1:00 am, 2:00 am Ok time.
The next day was a crazy one for Paul. He had to leave for winter retreat at 3:00 that afternoon. So when the girls and I got all ready we went to the church to help Paul with any last minute jobs he needed done for the retreat.
Paul, got back from a fantastic weekend with the kids on Sunday afternoon. He fit in a short nap before we went off to a Super Bowl party at a friends. Getting in late again we relaxed all day Monday. Then that night we went to a movie with some friends. We saw Sanctum, I would not suggest it. I hate movies like that... I like to leave movies feeling inspired or at least with some good feeling. I didn't leave that movie feeling anything good. But it was a well made movie, I will give it that.
Tuesday, The church office was closed due to snow, but Paul still had to work, so he locked himself in the bedroom to escape from a curious little girl who loves her Daddy. It snowed all day and was beautiful. But, it didn't keep us from going to see Spamelot in Co. Springs with some other friends. Awesome, show! It was a very funny show. I enjoyed it tremendously, something about being at a live show.
I love the theatre! It makes me want to be on stage.
Today, was a fairly normal day, and it looks like we will be getting back to the swing of things soon. However, Paul and I hope to improve how we swing things. But, I will save that for a later post... "Improving life skills"
Pic, I stole from someone at JBU.

No comments:

Post a Comment