Thursday, July 7, 2011

God's is sooo Good

When I found out, I was still in Muskogee. I was down stairs talking to Mom and Dad waiting for Tara to arrive so we can start hearing all about their vacation to Rome and the Mediterranean. Just as Tara was getting in the door, my phone rang. I hadn't heard much from Paul since he went back to Colorado just 2 days prier because his phone didn't get reception by the mountain wear we lived. So I quickly answered anxious to hear his voice. But his voice was not his usual. I ran upstairs so I could hear him better away from the noise of excitement down stairs. This is when he told me.

After getting off the phone I carried myself down stairs to tell the family. Sick and disbelief swept over me. Anger and tears welled inside. I was upset, I didn't understand, and I was confused as to why.

The next morning I awoke with this song, "Everlasting God" at the very forefront of my mind. I basically awoke singing it. "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,"

That day I met up with Paul and we were able to talk things over and get a plan in motion. But things were still very confusing.

Wednesday morning I work up singing these words "When you don't understand, when you can't see God's plane, trust his heart."

God continued to encourage me in this way because the next morning I work quoting Proverbs 3 "Trust in the LORD with all your Heart, lean not on your own understanding". I later that day went to look it up and saw how helpful that Proverbs 3:5-12 was.

Again God put a scripture on my mind when I awoke the Friday morning Philippians 4:4-7 "rejoice in the Lord always again I will say rejoice, let your gentleness be evident to all, for the Lord is near. Do not worry about anything but in everything, with prayer and petition, and thanksgiving offer your request to God, and the peace of God that paces all understanding will guide your hearts in Christ Jesus."

I would not have made it through so easily without these sweet reminders and encouragement from my God.

He was even faithful when I was weak. While we were white water rafting on Sunday I was thinking about the situation and was hurting when I looked up and written on the back of our guides safety pack was "the Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still" Exodus 14:14

I still don't agree with how and why things happened they way they did and why they did. But I am better in knowing that God has carried me through. He has reminded me daily of who he is and daily protected me from the evil ones lies. I am so thankful for his Care and protection. He is a great God who loves me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment