Monday, October 17, 2011

My birthday, and my amazing husband!

So Sunday morning was like any other Sunday for me and my family. Paul woke earlier and got ready and left with a sweet kiss. I soon got up with the girls and got them breakfast while I finished getting myself ready for church. After they were done I began to get the girls ready.

I told Haddie, "Today is my birthday!"

"Oh, it is?" she replied excitedly

"Yup"

"I sing to you! Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday for mommy..."

"oh Haddie that was beautiful, I love it!"

"Can I eat your Cake?"

"Yes, Haddie you can have some of my cake when we get some!" I answered through my laughter


We finished getting all ready and got into the car. Haddie continued to sing me the birthday song all the way to church. Mind you it is not very far.

Church was wonderful and good. After church paul quickly came to get me and brought me to the car. He told me to get in, confused I did. He then whisked me away, that is after I said goodbye to my girls, of whom one was worried she wouldn't get any cake with me going away. After assuring her we would get some when I got back, we left for Kearney, NE. (Kearney is an hour and half way. The closest larger town.)

There we went to the mall and I got to get some clothes, they were having a huge sale at Old Navy, just for me I am sure! Then we went to see a Movie, Money Ball is very good! After that fantastic movie we went to eat at Red Lobster! YUMMY! We then went to stay in a hotel for the night.

Paul had this all planned for me, he had my bags packed (all except for shoes), the girls a place to stay and to be taken care of, plus their bags (all except for shoes). It was a huge surprise and a wonderful treat. Paul is amazing and loves to do things like this for me, and I love it! Him too!

I was very surprised about the weekend. I had no idea. I knew it was going to be a busy weekend and did not know when we would be able to celebrate my birthday. I was not expecting this at all! It was so nice to get away without the girls and spend some good quality time with my hubby! I am truly blessed!

When we got back the girls were happy to see us. They were tired from all the fun they had, plus waking up extra earlier then usual, my apologies to Larry and Kathy. They usually sleep until 8, but being in a new place they awoke at 6:30 to the joy of the ones who were taking care of them.

We got to the house and I noticed that our pumpkins had been stolen!!! Yes, we went to a friends who had a small pumpkin patch and got several pumpkins, but yesterday someone stole all but three! How funny is that. It was wired that someone stole them in the first place, but even more so that they left 3 of them.

After noticing that they were stolen Haddie also noticed.

"Oh, no my pumpkins!' she exclaimed, It is amazing how much she pays attention to what we say and how much she understands! But she was very sad about the pumpkins!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO glad you had such an AMAZING birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was a great Birthday Mallory! You have such a sweet husband! : )

    ReplyDelete