Thursday, May 27, 2010

First Post




We are starting a blog so that we can keep everyone, who wants, posted on the things happening here in Colorado. Another Vanderveer is about to be added to the Family, so I though this would be a good time to start.
The things we will post are to be more detailed then on Faceb
ook in hopes not to bore those who don't really care to know on Facebook.
This is my first time to blog, so it may be a little rough for a while as I get use to this. I hope to learn to do this well, but please be patient with me.

First I will introduce you to the Family.
I am a mother of a fourteen month old and one on the way. She is due the 10th of June. In thanks to my wonderful husband, who shares the same view, I get to stay home with my babies. I love being a stay-at-home-mom, it is the best job I ever had.
Hadassah, my first, is a fun, loving, energetic little girl. She loves getting attention, and is very much a social baby. We call
her Haddie for short, her full name is from Ester 2:7, it i
s Ester's Hebrew name. I fell in love with the name from Bible College.
Paul, My loving and supportive husband, just graduated from Ozark Christian College with a
bachelor in Christian Ministry and youth. He works at Grandview Christian Church in Canon City, Colorado.
We just moved to Colorado from, well, the last place we lived, Oklahoma. We have moved 5 times in the last year. We lived in Missouri for 4 1/2 years while attending OCC. We moved back to Oklahoma last May to work at the church Paul had been with the previous 3 years. We lived there for only 5 months before moving in with my parents for 2 months while waiting for this job in Colorado.
Paul and I both grew up in Muskogee, Oklahoma. I was born and raised there and all our family is in and around Muskogee. It has been an adjustment not to live with in 2 hours of family. We love Colorado, the weather and scenery is absolutely beautiful, but we miss the familiarity of what Oklahoma has to offer.


1 comment:

  1. Valerie,
    I just wanted to tell you that it is so wonderful to see you all grown up! It looks like you have a very sweet family. I am so excited that you have another little one on the way. I am sure that you and Paul are wonderful parents. BTW, I love the name Hadessah as well. When my church was going through the Beth Moore series she told about Esther's name was also Hadessah.
    Anyways, I know that you do not talk to much but I wanted to let you know that I do watch your Facebook page.
    Love, Charity

    ReplyDelete