Friday, July 23, 2010

Back into the swing of things

We are getting back into the swing of things. It has been the longest vaction I have ever had. I would say that my vacation started the day Eden was born and ended Exactly 6 weeks later. My parents came in for a week and half to help me with the two kids and the house. I hardly had to lift a finger, My parents worked hard to help me with cooking, cleaning, and yard work. The next week Paul got to work from home so he could help me. Then the next week Paul's parents came up and we explored colorado and I also was treated to Paula's cooking and cleaning! I went back to Muskogee with them and stayed two weeks while Paul was at CIY. He joined us Thursday night so that he could perform a wedding for a couple from our last Youth Group in Vinita. While I was there I didn't do much cleaning or cooking. Haddie was intertained by grandparents the whole time during these 6 weeks. I have enjoyed the time with family and friends. Especially because I was getting lonely and missing everyone. But I am thankful to be back and home and to get back into the swing of things.
I am putting Eden on a schedule for the first time in her little life. Which is going fairly well. I am quickly finding out that it is harder to get Eden on a schedule, then with Haddie. Wake time I think is the challenge for me. When Haddie was that age, she was my only child and I could give her the attention she needed to keep her awake. With Eden its a challenge to keep her up because of Haddie, who demands my attention. So she typically falls asleep before wake time is over, and then wakes up during nap time. But we are working on it.
Haddie did great and fell right back into schedule the FIRST 2 days back. We struggled with naps yesterday and today. So I think she was only teasing me and making me think this will be easy. WRONG!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mallory! I love reading your blog and seeing the latest with your family! I'm so happy for you guys and your growing family, it sounds like things are going really well! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan! Things are going really well.
    How are you and Seth doing? I can imagine you miss those you love back in the states, b/c I start missing friends and family living in Colorado, and can get lonely. But I am thankful for your ministry and the impact you all are making in Japan. Paul and I pray for all of you there.

    ReplyDelete