Monday, July 5, 2010

Week with Granny and Grandpa

We enjoyed having Paula and Greg in Colorado for a week. Paul and I went over to Denver to pick them up and on our way we stopped at the Outlets at Castle Rock. It was our first outing with all four of us. Eden ended up spitting up her whole lunch all over her little outfit that matched Big sister’s. I had to go to the bathroom and change her, I also washed out the outfit and dryed it under the hand blow driers so that she could be wearing her matching out fit when she meets Granny and Grandpa for the first time. (I know crazy right, but the little things matter to me.)

Once we got to the airport and picked them up we went down town to the 16th st Mall in Denver. There we walked around and ate.

Poor Greg he got sick on the flight and then continued not feeling well all week with Altitude sickness. For all those who don’t know what Altitude sickness is, it is when you body has a hard time adjusting to the change in altitude. Altitude sickness symptoms are: Light headed, nausea, trouble breathing, and head ache. He had all of them. We were drowning him with water.

It probably didn’t help that we took him to Breckenridge the second full day they were here. But it was a beautiful drive as we clime another 5,000 feet higher. The mountainous view is just breathtaking. Especially as we wind our way up to when the blue river begins, there you can see the whole range, the Great Divide! It really is beautiful and that’s when it hits me of how Magnificent God is and how lucky I am to live in this state.

I love living only 2 hours away from Breckenridge. It is such a cute town. Their down town is the typical Mountain old town, resembling the old west towns of the late 1800’s. If you have ever been to Eureka Springs, you would find Breckenridge familiar. However, Breckenridge is larger and better! They have more shops and restaurants, also a ski resort! During the summer the resort is still open for hiking, biking, Alpine slide, and putt-putt!

The adventure I faced in Breckenridge was right before we started our way back home. I was feeding Eden while the rest of the crew (besides Haddie who was asleep) went to get chocolate from the Rockie Mountain Chocolate Factory. When I was done I began changing little Eden’s diaper on my lap when I quickly found that she was not done doing her business. She continued to poo and poo as it over flowed on to my lap. I struggle to get another diaper causing Eden to cry, which in turn awoke haddie who also began to cry. In my process of getting the other diaper under Eden, she pee’s on me. So I am all alone in a car with two screaming babies, poop all in my lap and pee all down my shirt. You can imagine my joy when I was finally rescued by my husband, who bought me a chocolate cupcake!

The rest of the week we stayed at just above a mile high in Canon City, in hopes that Greg would adjust to the altitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment