Monday, August 23, 2010

Kickball

So yesterday Paul and I went to our first Kickball game. We joined the Church's team for the Co-Ed Kickball league in Canon City. The first competitive team I've been on since high school. I have only played Volleyball a few times since then, I am not a really competitive person.
We had to go to WalMart and get a navy shirt, white shorts and Navy socks. Paul also had his aviators and a white sweat band on his head and arm, yes he looked too much like a character from dodge ball. (pics will hopefully be posted next week, I be sure to take a pic of us in our uniform)
We went to practice at 1 and Paul caught many high balls, while I missed everyone, but in my defense I was chasing a 1 1/2 year old most of the time.
The game was at 6, we get there and find we are playing a team with several players that go to our church.
Carrie Rice and I switched 2nd base every ending and we saw a lot of action at that position. I surprised myself with catching 2 outs and almost throwing one too. (just bearly missed him)
I also had two really good kicks, but I am a slow runner. (I haven't even ran since before I was pregnant with Haddie). They got me out by throwing it to first.
Paul was in outfield and played really well.
Paul was also surprised by my playing abilities too, he kept bragging about my to catches. I felt like quite the kickball player, especially for my first time.
Although we lost 7 to 3, we had a really great time. It was really fun to play and laugh with those from the church outside of church. Also it is good for Paul and I to be active, hopefully this will inspire us to be even more so.

No comments:

Post a Comment