Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eden Elizabeth Vanderveer



After several days and nights of false labor and thinking this would never end. Finally, Sunday at 5:00 pm my contractions were coming 5 minutes apart. They were getting strong, but were coming irregular, so i wasn't sure if this was it. But when i had to stop and breath through them, i couldn't help but get excited. Paul decided that if they are still getting stronger at 8, we'd go to the hospital.Well, 8 o'clock came and I was still having to stop and breath through them, so we called Alison Marshall, the secretary at the church, to come and get Haddie. Once she arrived we were off.
We got to the hospital got hooked up and the contractions quickly stated coming every 2 1/2 minutes. This was it!!
I was dilated to a 4 and after receiving my epidural I quickly dilated to a 6. Once I dilated to a 7, I stayed a 7 for a very long time. I told them, "the same thing happened with Haddie and I didn't progress until they broke my water."
They called my Dr. at midnight, but she said to give me Pitoson and see if having stronger contractions would break my water on its own. No luck. Finally my Dr. came in at 4:30 in the morning to break my water. Once she did I quickly became a 10. At 5:40 I was good to start pushing.
Paul told t
hem that I only pushed for 25 minutes with Haddie. The nurse said to give some practice pushes to see. I did and immediately she said, "okay, stop, I will go get the dr."
Two contractions later, Eden was born at 5:55 am Monday morning. She weighed 6 lbs. 6 oz. and was 19 inches long.

She looks so much like her older sister.
It is amazing how you forget how small they are.
She is so precious, and soo very little.
Even though I am having to wake up every 2 hours, I am constantly reminding myself that this stage does not last very long. Before I know it she will be sleeping through the night and like it or not she will be turning one too soon.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy for you all! i very specifically remember holding a newborn haddie saying how fast you forget how tiny they are. enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Paul and Mallory! I just found your blog and also looked at the pictures of baby Eden on Facebook - she is beautiful! I'm really happy for you guys, you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete