Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Haddie and her cute ways


Haddie is very much a talker. She will be playing and just be chatting away using her own little language. She cracks me up, because sometimes she’ll come over to me and start talking to me, again, using her own language, and go on for a long while chatting to me like we are having a conversation.

She is such a precious little girl and it amazes me almost daily the things she can do and say. She is looking so much more like a little girl rather than a baby. She has got a large vocabulary for her age. She may not walk yet, but she sure does talk. Where, or where does she get that from.

Her main word for most foods is “Crackie.” It is a comb

ination of “Cracker” and “cookie,” I think because in giving her animal crackers I would interchange the word when offering her some. She knows that Animal crackers are “crackies,” but she will also ask for “crackie’s, “ but not want animal crackers.

She can say and sign:

please (“peas”), more (“mow”), all done (“aa dan”), Water (“wawa”), Night Night (“ni ni”), Hi, Bye (“die die”), and No.

She also says:

Daise = Mazie; Dough = Dog

Pappy = Puppy; Daddy

Mama Nana = Bananna or Nana

Papa Grraw = Granny

Abby = Abigail or most everything right now, its her new favorite word

Kitttttty (rolling of the t’s) = kitty

She also makes animal sounds:

She can say woof, woof for dog

She will lift her arm from her nose and make an elephant sound

She roars for lion

Mow for kitty

She will hit her chest and say ahhhahhha for grilla

And wave her arms and say oo oo aahh ahh for monkey.

But, my favorite thing she does is when we are out. She tries to get anyone’s attention and will flirt with them until they smile or say hi to her. When we are out to eat, it is like she has a game to see how many people at surrounding tables can she get to say “oh she is so cute.” She is quite the ham at times.

It amazes me that I can now ask her if she wants something and she will shake her head and say "no" or nod her head and then sign please.

She refuses to walk with out support. She knows when you are going to try and get her to walk, she will lift her legs and not even stand up. If you ask her will you walk to me she will shake her head and say “no.” then she will laugh.

She will walk by holding your fingur, pant leg, or anything, She’ll even walk by holding Abigail’s hand. Abigail is 2 years old, and does not help her balance at all. Haddie is such a stinker. I think she refuses to walk because she can crawl soo fast. She must think she doesn’t need to walk when she can get there faster by crawling.

Paul and I are constantly laughing at her. Sometimes when she is crawling she will shake her head back and forth. It reminds me of the girls that make their pony tail sway as they walk. She also will start dancing and even sometimes sing whenever she hears music.
She loves music and loves playing the piano. She will bounce, sway, and sometimes sing as she plays the piano. When she is finished she will turn to me and say "all done" (while signing it). If paul is playing the piano, or any musical instrument, she usually stops what she was doing and goes over to where her daddy is and dance to the music.

I love her, she is so precious and such a wonderful blessing to our lives.
I look forward to see what Eden will add to the mix, and what her personality will be like.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear details on how she is growing, and everything that she's into! I feel like I got to spend some time getting to know her, just reading your blog. I love y'all so much and can't wait to meet Eden!

    ReplyDelete