Monday, June 21, 2010

Hadassah is getting use to sister.




Haddie has had to adjust to having a baby around 24/7. Tuesday marks 2 weeks that Eden has been home with us from the Hospital. Haddie was not so sure of Eden at first. She would say "baby" and point out her nose and eyes, and then she was done and would push her away.Nana and Papa did well to distract Hadassah while I was feeding Eden, but now that Nana and Papa went home, Haddie does not like the idea of me feeding Eden. She would walk over to me and put out her arms for me to hold her.
I would have to say "No," which would make Haddie upset and she would either throw herself back and cry or whack Eden in the head and then throw herself back and cry.
However, each day gets better. We still have to say gentle over and over again when she comes to see "baby," but she is becoming more friendly with her.
Today, Eden was in her carrier hanging out in the kitchen with Mama, when Haddie came up and began rocking her. She was getting a little rough, so I said "gentle," at that Haddie slowed her pace. She also bent down and started jabbering to her in a higher pitched voice, like when I talk to Eden. It was so precious.

I soon had to feed Eden, but Hadassah didn't mind. Instead she went and got one of her stuffed bears and put her in the carrier and began to rock the bear.
But the bear kept moving out of position, so she would stop and reposition the bear and then began rocking the bear again.

She even grabbed Eden's blanket and tried to put the blanket on the bear, like Mommy does to Eden. It was the most precious site.
She is such a sweet little girl and she makes my heart melt so many times. She seems to get sweeter and cuter everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment